This may help you if you are calling around checking with other companies.
Roll Off - Open Top - Containers - Box - Construction Box
All of these words are used to describe a dumpster. We try to make it simple!
This word is used to describe size. I need a 15 cubic yhada. Here we say... I need a 15 cubic yard open top dumpster.
Front Loada or Rear Loada
Ok, these 2 words are used when speaking of small dumpsters used commonly by businesses for light trash or garbage. You need a 6 yhada, rear loada or an 8 yhada, front loada! These small dumpsters are 2 different styles. One is picked up from the front and dumped into a frontload truck and the other is picked up still in the front but dumped into the rear of a different kind of truck. This would be a Rear Load or Front Load. Confused yet??? That is why we try to provide so much information. To help our customers understand what they are paying for.
Haul & Tonnage - Haul & Disposal - Pick Up & Dump - Flat Rate
These terms are used to describe different ways to charge you for the same thing. If you hear any of these terms, ask lots of questions so you are clear what you are paying for.
Release - Removal - Pick Up
All could mean the same. We suggest... I'm all done with my dumpster, could you come and take it outa here.
Swap - Swap Out - Pick Up - Exchange
All mean I need another! We suggest... I have filled the dumpster I have here and I need another empty one.
Install - Delivery - What are we installing???
This one is easy... I need a dumpster delivery is what we recommend.
Q - If I fill out & submit the online quote request why doesn't it give me a quote?
Our online quote request
is designed for you to provide critical information such as material type and location. Our client service experts will evaluate this and contact you within 24 hours guaranteed. When we contact you, we will review the evaluation with you and expedite your delivery. You may also reach us toll free 866-99-DEPOT if you wish.
Q - How does the pricing work for the different sizes? Are there extra charges?A
- Pricing depends on size, weight limit and length of time rented for (rental days). Every size dumpster comes with a different weight limit or otherwise known as a dumping allowance (disposal charges are paid by the pound). Weight allowances are predetermined based on averages for each specific size. All dumpsters are weighed at the disposal facilities
. If your material weighs more than your allowance you will be charged the difference prorated. Example, if you were allowed 4000 pounds (2 tons) and your material weighed 5200 pounds, you are charged for the extra 1200 pounds. You will receive a certified weight ticket attached to your invoice. Client services can inform you of potential market dumping fees and ways to avoid them if possible when you place your order. If you have the dumpster longer than the term you rented it for there are additional daily or monthly charges that apply. All standard rentals will not be removed until you call for the removal.
Example, if you have a seven day rental and you need it for 3 extra days, you would be charged a daily fee for each of your 3 extra days. If you needed to keep the dumpster for 10 extra days, you would be charged for the 10 days at the daily rate. Client services can inform you of the potential extra rental day charges when you place your order. Always remember to call and ask what the potential charges may be if you are not sure.
Q - How come when I call around, some of the other dumpster rental companies charge so much during different times of the year?A
- Some of our competition may raise their prices based on supply and demand and whether or not it is the busy season. Although companies can have a pricing structure based on this concept we do not practice this at The Dumpster Depot®. Our pricing remains consistent through out the year whether it is the busy season or not.
Q - Do you have any fuel or other surcharge?A
- No we do not. The Dumpster Depot® has never introduced a fuel, environmental or administrative surcharge program. Most, if not all, of our competitors do have these charges and can be quite costly. In some cases adding ten to fifty dollars or even more to your rental.
Q - How far in advance do I need to call to schedule a dumpster delivery, pick-up or removal?A
- Delivery and swap outs (pick-up) many times can be done the same day if you call early in the morning (before 10:00 a.m.), otherwise service will always take place no later than the next day. If you are all done with the dumpster and you need it removed, you must call in to schedule to have the dumpster removed. All 7 day (standard rental) and longer term rentals are not removed until you call in
. Once you call in, the removal will take place anytime within the couple of days. Express 2 day and 4 day rentals are automatically picked up.
For example, a 2 day express that was delivered on a Tuesday will automatically be picked up on Friday. The 2 days you are paying for would be Wednesday & Thursday.
Q - How long can I have the dumpster for?A
- You may have the dumpster for as long as you like. However, the longer you keep it, the more it costs. A standard rental no matter the size gives you 7 days before extra rental day charges start to accumulate. As part of our order taking process we will ask you how long you think you may need the dumpster for. Then we will help you to determine which program fits your need the best. Many customers that purchase a dumpster rental only need the dumpster for a couple of days. For these customers we have an alternative program call the 2 day Express
. This works out great because there is a cost savings and the dumpster is on and off your property quickly. Other customers need to keep the dumpster for a couple of weeks, months or even longer. For this we have extra rental days you can pre-purchase at a highly discounted rate (monthly rates).
Q - What if I fill the dumpster and need another one? Does it cost anything to have it dumped out and brought back empty? Do I receive 7 more free days?A
- Yes, it cost the same as the original amount that you paid. No, you do not receive anymore free days
. Free days only come on the first delivery. This in dumpster lingo is called a swap out or dump and return. This is the same as starting over from the beginning. We are in fact bringing you another empty dumpster so it costs the same as you paid for the first one and your dumping allowance is the same as the first one. Rental day charges however will begin to accumulate after your initial term for your first rental. Even if you had multiple swap outs, you do not receive a free 7 days with every swap out
. Client services can help you avoid this and extra rental charges when ordering by predetermining the proper size dumpster and length of time.
Q - What are the measurements of the dumpsters?A
- You can find the approximate measurements in the homeowner section
of our web site.
Q - How much space or room do I need to place the dumpster at my home or property?A
- All of the temporary open top dumpsters are approximately 8 feet wide. The delivery truck will need to maneuver a little bit to unload the dumpster. If you have tight quarters, we recommend at least 12 feet wide or more to be on the safe side. Dumpsters vary in length from 12 feet long to 22 feet long. Most will fit in an average parking area. If you have extremely limited space, we have another service called the Load and Go. If you can not accommodate a dumpster for whatever reason you may make a pile of debris and one of our Load and Go vehicles will back up to the pile and take it away. This is also a great way to get rid of a piece of furniture or a couple of small items.
Q- How do we load the dumpster?A
- Most of our smaller sizes are very low and it is easy to toss your debris over the side. in addition all of to 10 thru 30 yard dumpsters have a back door (see photo gallery
). The entire back side of the dumpster is actually a door that swings open for easy access and loading.
Q - Where do I have my dumpster placed?A
- This you must plan for. Sometimes what is the best spot for you to load from is not necessarily the best place to place the dumpster. Example, if you are cleaning out the basement and your bulkhead is across the lawn in the back yard, it is not a good idea to try to have the dumpster delivered right next to the bulkhead is it involves the delivery truck driving across the lawn. The best place to drop the dumpster is on a hard level surface (compacted dirt area). Next best would usually be in the driveway. The Dumpster Depot® is one of a very few (if not the only one) companies that offer driveway or property protection solutions. Although some customers may insist on placing the dumpster in a compromising area, our delivery personal will always suggest what's best and safest. If we have to place the dumpster on the driveway or lawn we will recommend placing large wood planks under it for protection (see the photo gallery
). We will not permit our vehicles to drive on any lawn surface
. The Dumpster Depot® will not accept any liability for damage done to property (see terms and conditions
Q - I only have a couple or items to dispose of. Not nearly enough to rent a dumpster. What do I do? Do you have a drop off?A
- We do not have a drop off facility. We have a great pick up program for you. We can pick up a single item or 2 or a small pile of debris. This is call Load & Go
service. All you have to do is make a list, call our client service experts and they will give you the approximate charges. Sometimes we may also send a supervisor out to have a take at what you have and quote you a price. Simple, You call, we Load & Go!
Q - I see other dumpsters that are really small at businesses. Can I rent one of those?
- Most often dumpsters that you would see for example behind a shopping center or local business are for trash or garbage. These dumpsters are not at all used for temporary applications to dispose of construction materials, etc. They are for permanent placement and accommodate very light weight material.
Q -When the dumpster is delivered, can it be turned around the other way so the back door is facing out the other way?A
- Unfortunately not. The dumpsters only fit onto the delivery trucks one way. When the dumpster arrives, it is rolled off of the delivery truck and set into position. The back door is always faced to the rear (see photo gallery
Q - What time will my dumpster be delivered?A
- Dumpster deliveries are scheduled the morning of the delivery. Deliveries are for the most part set up logistically by computer. If you call client services on the morning of the day your dumpster is to be delivered, we can give you a window of time in which to expect your dumpster. When ordering we will always suggest that you have your dumpster delivered the day prior to when you need to start loading it.
This way there is less stress on everybody and you are not hanging around waiting. Proper planning is important
(see helpful hints
). It is very difficult to give exact times due to traffic and waiting at dumping facilities.
Q - Do I have to be there waiting for my dumpster delivery?A
- Absolutely not. We try to make the process as convenient as possible. When ordering our client service experts will coordinate a few things with you. Payment can be made at the time of ordering by any major credit or debit card and check by phone. You may also leave payment on site for delivery personal. You can also mark a location for the dumpster and provide placement instructions at the time of ordering. If you have access to a fax or e-mail, you may also draw a diagram for preferred placement if you wish. Actually, most of our customers are not on site when we deliver
. We understand that it is not every day that a homeowner receives a dumpster delivery and we have made this process painless and convenient. Of course if you are on site when your dumpster arrives, you may also give payment to the driver.
Q - Do I have to pay in advance for my dumpster rental?A
- Yes, all dumpsters are prepaid or c.o.d. unless you have an established commercial credit account. Credit and debit card accounts will also be debited for any additional charges that may occur upon removal of the dumpster such as extra weight or extra rental days
. Also accounts that may have outstanding balances can not be removed until the account is paid in full
. Client services will explain this policy when you order.
Q - How do I know if I am over my weight limit?A
- This is difficult. The weight limits used with each size dumpster are very common averages for common materials. Example- If you rent a 15 cubic yard dumpster for a house clean out such as garage or basement and the dumpster comes with 3000 pounds of disposal allowance you will more than likely be fine. If you have items or material that are very heavy this may cause you to go over your limit. If you do go over your limit, you are only charged for the poundage that is actually over. We do not round up to the nearest ton. Try to stay away from items such as dirt, large amounts of ceramic tile, bricks, cement, etc (See helpful hints
). Client services can help with advice on how to handle heavy items or material.
Q - What if it rains or snows? Will this effect my disposal weight?A
- While this is sometimes a concern for some customers, there are a few ways to deal with it. Most materials will not be affected by rain meaning it will not absorb water weight. Material such as drywall or plastic, etc. will absorb water and this of course may add weight to the disposal. The dumpsters themselves are not water tight and therefore can not hold liquid of any kind. Snow is also a concern for some customers and they choose to shovel off the snow before we come to remove the dumpster. When we arrive at a disposal/recycling facility, the truck and loaded dumpster are weighed on a drive on scale. After the truck dumps out the dumpster, it is then weighed again. The difference is of course what your material weighed. Wet or dry the weight is the weight. This we have no control over. If your material weighs more than you prepaid for the disposal allowance, you are then billed for the balance. The best advice we give to our customers is this... Prepare in advance if this is a concern and purchase a plastic tarp at your local hardware store. These tarps are very reasonably priced and keep your dumpster covered while you are working on your project
. This is a simple and easy way to keep the weather out. There you go, problem solved.
Q - How high can I load my dumpster?
-All dumpsters are to be level loaded only
. You can not load the dumpster any higher than the sides of the dumpster
. You can not build up the sides with wood, etc
. (See photo
) to accommodate more material. This is very unsafe and our delivery personal may off load the material and or leave the dumpster on site until you off load it.
Q - I have some trees and brush that I cut down. Can this be put into the dumpster?A
- Yes it can, but if you have a lot of this material, we can give you a discounted price on what is called a brush or stump dumpster. You can not mix any trash or construction material what so ever in the load. We can do the same with concrete, dirt or hot top, pavement. This would be called an aggregate dumpster rental (limited to 15 cubic yards). Discounted pricing is available for this kind of rental also. Same rules apply, no trash or construction material, just aggregate. With special rentals such as stumps, brush or aggregate, there are no weigh limits unless they are contaminated with trash and revert back to a regular dumpster rental with the allowed disposal allowance for the particular size dumpster that you may have rented. This can be a very costly mistake if you mix large amounts of aggregate with trash and or construction waste. Client services can help with advice on how to avoid potential weight issues.
Q - I am having the roofing shingles replaced on my house and my contractor asked me to rent a dumpster. Why is roofing material dumpster different pricing?A
- 2 reasons really. One reason is that roofing material is very heavy. Second is that some disposal facilities can not accommodate this material and or charge a higher rate for disposal. If you need a dumpster for asphalt roofing material, we will need to know how many square and layers of the old roofing material are coming off of the house,
etc... Your roofing contractor can help you with this. Once we have this information, our computer will calculate how much this should weigh and we can give you the proper size dumpster to accommodate the material along with a disposal weight allowance that will work with that specific job. This avoids huge additional charges
once the dumpster is dumped out due to not having the proper weight allowance. Example... A 15 cubic yard dumpster full of basis household or construction material will weigh between 2,000 and 4,000 pounds. The same dumpster full of asphalt shingle can weigh up to 14,000 or 15,000 pounds! Big difference. This is why we want our customers to know in advance what they are in for and approximately what the cost will be.
Q - I have roofing shingles and or siding that may be asbestos. Can I put this in the dumpster?A
- No you can not. The Dumpster Depot® does not handle hazardous materials of any kind. If you are nor sure you need, hire a company to have the material tested. If it tests positive, then they will be able to help you handle it. We do not provide this service or handle the material. It is illegal to dispose of this or any other kind of hazardous material in a non-hazardous material dumpster. Please review our terms and conditions.
Q - When I am all done with the dumpster, what do I do and how long does it take to pick up?A
- Regardless of the term that you rented the dumpster for, as soon as you are physically done, call us. Even if it may be after hours, you can leave a voicemail to have the dumpster removed. Do not assume we will automatically come and take the dumpster away.
The only rental that is automatically picked up is a 2 day Express. If you have a 7 day rental and you are all done in 5 days, by all means, call us, we will pick it up early. Once you call, we will come anytime between an hour after you call and up to a couple of days after that. In most cases, removals are out in a matter of 24 to 48 hours.
Do's: Be prepared. Planning, planning, planning. We can not stress this enough
. Plan well in advance if you are able to. Think about what it is you need to dispose of. Large items take up more space. Lots of small items make for a heavier load. Where are you going to want the dumpster placed? Are there any low overhead wires or tree limbs? Make sure you actually have room for a dumpster. There are other options. Do you need to open the back door of the dumpster? If space is limited, will you have access to your garage door and or driveway? Make sure that where you would like to have your dumpster placed is a hard flat surface. If you are concerned about rain or snow getting into the dumpster, take the time to go and purchase a plastic tarp that will fit over the dumpster and keep the weather out. This is very helpful. Make sure that payment arrangements have been made. We can not deliver if the dumpster is not paid for. If you can, invite your friends and neighbors over to give you a hand loading the dumpster. Have a party or barbeque. This can be a great way to bring family and friends together for the day or weekend. Please keep safety in mind while loading your dumpster.
Don'ts: Do not EVER overload
your dumpster. Loading must be level with the sides of the dumpster. Do not
place any hazardous materials, such as asbestos, chemicals, paints or liquids of any kind in to the dumpster. There is a partial list in the terms and conditions section of this web site. Do not
attempt to have a dumpster delivered that would involve our trucks driving on or across your lawn. We do not allow this. Only the dumpster itself may be placed on the lawn and will probably damage the lawn. We are not responsible for this damage if you insist on placing the dumpster there. Do not
attempt to move the dumpster. If you need for some reason to move the dumpster, please call client services and we will coordinate this for you properly.
Gift Certificates Available
The Dumpster Depot® gift certificates are a great gift idea. What better way to clean up the clutter around the house. great for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Birthdays, etc.
We at The Dumpster Depot® hope you found our website both informative and fun
Have A Great Day
Gift Certificates Available
The Dumpster Depot® gift certificates are a great gift idea. What better way to clean up the clutter around the house. Great for Mother's Day or Father's Day
Call us today... We can help. 603-222-9066